Monday, January 12, 2015

The steps I took to learn to breathe

1. Say what you want to say when you need to say it. This will only produce positive results. (And if something drastically terrible comes from it...well, sorry.)

2. Be more like a snail. No, don't be slow, just appreciate the little things. (Unless being slow works for you, then be slow.)

3. Don't be afraid to let people in.

4. Don't be afraid to let people go.

5. Remind yourself: I'm always exactly where I'm supposed to be.

6. Repeat the previous step multiple times.

7. Be confident. Be bold. I'd rather have you do that than tear yourself down everyday because you don't want to be cocky.

8. *cliche* Just allow you to be you.

9. Remember, I'm always exactly where I'm supposed to be.

10. *another cliche warning* (hey, cliches are cliches for a reason, amiright?!) Don't listen to the haters, or the bullies, or the down-putters, Their opinion only matters if they love you as much or more than you love yourself.

11. Love yourself. Hey, look at me. It's okay. It's okay to love yourself. If no one has ever given you permission, I'm doing it now. Love yourself.

12. It's okay to make mistakes. Be mature. Learn from them. Apologize. Have patience with yourself.

13. Lastly, suck in the air around you and let it fill up your lungs. Let it out. Repeat.

2 comments:

  1. I'm always exactly where I'm supposed to be.

    Everything happens for a reason.

    I cannot even begin to explain how many times this has been my saving line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #2 and #11 are my jam. You're just so good at this.

    ReplyDelete