Sunday, January 26, 2014

inspired introductions

I haven't even gotten halfway through the blog list, and I'm already here. So this is Paris, huh?

I haven't even gotten halfway through the blog list, and I'm inspired. I thought I had it before, but then I remembered what it really felt like. What it really feels like to let go and have your fingers be ignited as your thoughts spill on the computer and you're going way too fast to even think about pressing the backspace button.

Do me a favor, ignore my last post. They say you never get a second chance to make a first impression, but that's a lie because BAM here I am, my second introduction post, and I'm asking you to read this one instead. Scratch that, read both, I'm not ashamed of my first one. My first one was a stepping stone to find what I wanted, what I needed, and I think I might have found it. Only, my Paris isn't Paris at all. My Paris is Athens, my Paris is San Luis Obispo, my Paris is a scene from a movie of a lonely girl at a lunch table people watching and writing.

I know I vowed to not take U turns, but now I'm actually starting the car.

To open up is to be. To fly, to jump, to sink, to sing, to take all the ups and downs, and be okay. To open up is to be healthy. And I'm not talking about the BMI, in your weight range healthy, because I've been sick for too long to care about that healthy anymore. 

So, now I'm serious. Now I'm really not taking U turns. I sure took a nice swerve to the left (or was it to the right?) but I think you hitting me last night helped me realize.

I think the fact that your blog bulged with YOU made me realize.

I think that fact that you might not ever read my blog excites me.

I'm breathing in the air, cigarette smoke and all...

Here I am.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a fan of the first post, but now I'm also a fan of the 'first post.' No U turns. No regrets. I appreciate your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like you. We should be friends. Virtually, of course, since I don't know who you are and you don't know who I am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your writing just kind of shines with this great personality. I like the optimism.

    ReplyDelete