Wednesday, April 16, 2014

it's almost a cheesy love song.

1, 2 i'm thinking about you
3, 4 i heard a knock at my door
5 we're feeling alive
6 but then we throw my feelings in the mix...
7, 8 i really think we'd be great
9, 10 please not this again...

i'm laying in my bed
my eyes are closed
but my mind is open to the picture of us...
of us sitting in your truck,
you know, in the back.
my nails are painted
but it doesn't matter what color.
i don't even care what we're doing
because you're finally mine.
the best part is we're clean.
both of us are clean and ready
and excited
and fresh for this new perspective.
and then i open my eyes
and i take in the reality.
the dream slips away and
i curl up tighter.

10, 9 you're not mine
8 maybe it's fate
7 or maybe it's my depression
6, 5, 4 my head hits the floor
3 have fun away from me
cause without you,
i'm not 2.
just 1.
and i think you're the 1.

2 comments:

  1. "i'm not 2. just 1. and i think you're the 1."
    That was like my favorite thing ever. The wording in this post is astounding and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the count down from 10 to 1. Done very well.

    ReplyDelete