Friday, April 25, 2014

You're Right

You always think it's just you.
You always think that there's no one who could possibly understand
what you're going through,
that no one in the world feels the way you do.
And let me tell you something:
you're right.
You're right, because you are unique
and no single person thinks the same exact way you do.
And that's so beautiful.
It's amazing to know that out of seven million people,
you are you,
and absolutely no one can take that away.
Though you are completely unique,
the only one who can truly understand you,
you are in no way alone.
I have layed on my bed,
my heart pounding so fast,
it bumps into my lungs
sending my breath to get tangled up in my veins.
My blood runs cold,
and I can't cope.
Most days,
I don't see the point anymore.
You tell me I go through all this to die?
It's not worth it.
But I can't just lie down to become a shell of what could have been.
Why?
Because I am not alone.
It might not be worth it for myself,
but to someone else,
it makes all the difference.
And while my best friend might never be able to make sense of my life,
though she can't understand what I'm trying to say
and she will never feel the way I have felt,
we are in this together.
We have intertwined hearts and fingers
just to get through it.
And she would die before she left me to go through this alone.
You have very uniquely touched someone's life.
You have imprinted their minds with a crevice so deep,
it will probably stay there forever.
And that is breathtaking.
No one could have made that
except for you.
So next time you've had it
and you're ready to throw it all away because
"What's the point anyway?"
Remember that everything you do,
you take someone along with you,
for better or for worse.
So, yes,
you are misunderstood.
Absolutely no one knows how you feel.
That's the beauty of it.
Congratulations.

4 comments:

  1. They should put this in the dictionary under the word EMPATHY.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I totally agree with what you're saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me feel so good about myself, and you. You're so gifted.

    ReplyDelete