Saturday, February 1, 2014

12:36

Lunchtime walking through the halls makes me realize I'm very angry.
There's close to nothing poetic about this,
I might just be an angsty teenager.

I hate the boy in the flat-brimmed Bronco's hat,
sitting next to the awkward lanky one.
He's wearing it because he thinks it's his ticket to fit in.

I hate that girl laughing too loudly at her friend's jokes.
It's because she thinks they're all she has to hold on to.

I hate the sad boy walking by himself.
He's only walking because he wants people to think
he has something to do,
somewhere to be,
someone to meet.

I hate the two sophomore girls walking and talking
deep in their conversation.
They remind me of me and her when we were sophomores.
I wish we were sophomores again.

I hate the girl coming to talk to me.
No, I want to be alone.
I'm not lonely,
I just want to be alone.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I worship this whole entry like so so much - related to it 1000% keep preaching:)

    ReplyDelete