Thursday, May 15, 2014

I Wanna Do It All

Flying with you felt weightless
and I wanna do it again.
In fact, I wanna do it all.
I wanna stay up all night going from store to store
spending too much money,
but it's worth the laughs.

I wanna go on a vacation to raise some hell.
Do a few things I couldn't tell my mother about,
and take a ton of pictures that I won't post on Facebook.
(oh gosh, no, not cause they're inappropriate
just because they're mine.)
I'll print them on photo paper
and keep them behind my dresser
with my writing journal from 10th grade.

I want it all.
I want to smile for no apparent reason,
because I've got all the reasons in the world.
I want to cry for three days straight about some stupid boy,
and then I want to find another one.
I want someone who would bring me the beaches.
I'm going to get a few where I need to prove why I deserve it,
but in the end I'll rock my babies with someone who knows it more than I do.

I want to experience everything,
for the stories,
for the lessons,
for the memories.
because tomorrow, today will be just another memory.

I want to visit Greece.
I want to get pulled over (kinda).
I want to read a gossip magazine,
and I want to read one of those self help books.
I want to stand up for my beliefs,
because I want to experience the journey of finding them.
I want to write a poem on the beach,
one stupid one,
and one for the boy that'll never read it.
I want to kiss someone just once,
and then I want a million kisses from someone who deserves a billion.

I want to draw something I'm proud of,
and I want my nieces and nephews to admire me
for what I've been through,
and when they're too young to understand what I've been through,
I want them to admire who I am.

For once in my life,
I actually want something.
I actually think that doing something might be worthwhile.
And I wanna do it all.

2 comments:

  1. "I want to experience everything,
    for the stories,
    for the lessons,
    for the memories.
    because tomorrow, today will be just another memory." Gave me chills so hard that they still haven't gone away.
    I cannot put into words the way I feel about this post. It hit home so hard. It's going to be hanging on my wall. (I hope that's okay because you can't actually do anything about it) This is impeccable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack I almost commented on your post with a tacky metaphor, but now I'll just say that this is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete