Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Inspired by Alec Hardison's Highschool

High school is stupid because it's where a ton of insecure teenagers make fun of other insecure teenagers. Then the second group of insecure teenagers gets all butt hurt, but it won't stop them laughing about the insecure teenagers in the grade younger than them.

High school is stupid because I stayed in the theater department for three years. Sorry, that probably doesn't apply to you, but it was a huge reason I had a negative high school school experience. (This is not being said to hate on theater people. You do your thing, kids. It's just not my thing.)

High school is stupid because the teachers are way more concerned about giving you homework and a big test than you actually teaching you.

High school is stupid because I've stressed out more about my grades than I ever have about actually learning the material.

High school is stupid because everyone judges everyone. Don't lie, you've judged someone in your high school experience. And, I know you won't have to lie for this one, someone judged you.

High school is stupid because cliques. I KNOW THEY'RE CLICHE, BUT GUESS WHAT. THEY ACTUALLY EXIST.

High school is stupid because you are judged by the type of music you like.

High school is stupid because everyone walks around like they own the place.

High school is stupid because unless you're deemed worthy or something (I don't actually know how it works) certain people won't give you the time of day.

High school is stupid because I try to start a conversation with someone, but I am automatically judged because I was in the drama department.

High school is stupid because instead of looking for the best in everyone, you automatically look for the worst.

High school is stupid because if you talk too loud, you're obnoxious, and if you don't talk enough, you're snooty.

High school is stupid because if you tell the truth you're a bitch.

High school is stupid because it is so hard not to care about everyone else. Admit it. you tell yourself and everyone else "I don't even care what they think of me." but there is part of you that does. It's way deep down, but it's there. And that just sucks.

So, I know that I graduate in three weeks, so none of this matters, but let me say it anyway.

hi.

I'm Baylee.

You guys hear my name, and I'm willing to bet that you think one of these things
  • theater kid
  • really loud
  • kinda awkward
  • badass haircut (okay, you probably don't think that, but I'm still trying to get used to it, so I have to tell myself this.)
That is what high school labeled me as. Now, here's what I think of those.
  • I'm probably not going to theater ever again. It was a fun hobby, but doing it in high school kinda ruined it for me. If I do do something in drama, I'm hoping to direct. Have you ever read a book and it's like the author is painting a picture in your mind? Yeah, that happens to me all the time, except I totally imagine how I would make it into a movie or a play. I think it'd be really fun to direct. Anyway, I'm technically no longer a theater kid, so there's that label down the drain.
  • Yeah, I can totally be really loud. Most the time it's because I'm feeling pretty insecure so I'll fake confidence with being loud. Sorry, I know it's super annoying most times. However, when I'm really comfortable in a situation, I feel like I'm typically quiet, or at least talking in normal tones. I do have a really loud laugh though. It's something like a walrus getting run over by a tractor while the person driving the tractor is snoring.
  • Okay, yeah, I'm pretty awkward. I just have a really hard time talking to people that intimidate me, or people I don't know. But once I get to know you I'm only awkward sometimes, but it's kinda just my character.
I don't really know why I'm posting this. I don't think many of you care about who I really am, slash some of you knew me in junior high so you don't want to know who I really am (I've changed a lot since junior high. I wouldn't talk to me now if I knew me in junior high either) but hey, maybe I'm just attempting to make these last three weeks of high school a little less stupid. I don't know why talking about what I think are my biggest labels will do this, but hey...it felt nice.

5 comments:

  1. PREACH!!! High school is stupid.. And you named all the reasons very well... I'm honored to have inspired you... you did it way better than me... nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reeally do like your hair cut. This is nice to hear it from anthers perspective,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for introducing yourself :) I don't think we've ever met in real life, but I feel like we should. And I was being fully serious about brownies and ice cream. I don't joke about that sort of thing. Too much right with it to joke about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for introducing yourself :) I don't think we've ever met in real life, but I feel like we should. And I was being fully serious about brownies and ice cream. I don't joke about that sort of thing. Too much right with it to joke about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that posted twice. Sorry. My phone is being scolded as we speak.

      Delete