Tuesday, May 20, 2014

real talk or something of the sorts.

I'm so scared to write all this because it's not a secret that I'm easily one of the most awkward human beings alive.  Also, I type too fast to find mistakes and make sure everything makes sense. But...here it goes.

Yo! What's up? Hello everyone, I'm Baylee. Hey guys. I'm Baylee Dodge, but on twitter my name is (bae)lee dodge, so you know...

I've never actually taken Creative Writing, I've just simultaneously lived through everyone that does with my two blogs (Penelope Jude, first semester. I stopped Penelope because I had to make a promise to myself to stop looking back and regretting things, therefore no U turn was born) so, thanks, I guess for letting me live through you guys.

I was born August 27, 1996. August 27 seems like such the perfect date to me. I love the summer time. More than anything. The bottoms of my toes are blistered from my lack of shoes, and Sarah thinks it's gross and Jaxson literally exclaimed "Ew! What's wrong with your feet?! Make them better!" when he first saw them.

I still haven't had my first kiss, and I graduate in like a week. I'm going to be the only person in college who hasn't kissed anyone. I always say it's because no boys I knew in high school were worth it, but it's really because the boy I really liked had a girlfriend, and I felt guilty trying to make a move with him, so I just never tried with anyone else, either. I would say it's something I regret (I'm not very good at this whole "no looking back" thing I promised myself), I feel like I should of just kissed someone for the fun of it, but then at the same time I'm kinda glad that I didn't waste my first kiss on someone random. I don't know what I want, my mom said that lots of people don't get their first kisses in high school, but she got proposed to at her senior prom, so she can't talk. (She divorced the dude, by the way.) I went to senior prom with my best friend, and we were going to do this gag were he proposed to me in front of my mom, to make her freak out, but then he didn't do it. And my parents want me to marry him anyway, so it wouldn't have worked. I don't want to marry him (Sorry Collin, except not really.)

I love to read. I love to read Harry Potter. I love Harry Potter. No shame.
I promise I read other books besides Harry Potter, though.

I made this playlist on Spotify called "idk lolz" and it's all I've been listening to for the past 6 days. It includes:
Bennie and the Jets, Get Off of My Cloud, I Wanna Do It All, Shadow, You And I, I Wanna Get Better, We Are Golden, Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High, Killer Queen and others. Go check it out.

I know you're technically not supposed to have a favorite song of all time, but mine is American Pie by Don McLean, because my brother used to play it on his guitar on Saturday mornings. He isn't a very gifted singer, but I didn't care. I know every.single.word.to.that.eight.minute.song. No shame. Now he's married with a baby, and I asked him if he'd play it again. He said he had forgotten, and it basically was like my childhood shattered right then and there.

I should have talked to more people in high school. I hope I don't come off snooty, I'm just really afraid to put myself out there. But once I get to know you I anything but shy.

I'm weigh more than 85% of the girls in my grade. Wuuuut no shame. (Actually, this fluxuates. Somedays I'm all: I'M SO BEAUTIFUL LOOK HOW HOT I LOOK IN THESE JEANS MY BOOTY AMAZING and others I'm like: Damn, I'm fat.)

Favorite love songs that would make me fall in love with any boy who sang them to me, even if he can't sing worth crap:

Run Away With Me (from the Unauthorized Biography of Samantha Brown)
Your Song (Elton John)
The Gambler (Fun.)
Shadow (Bleachers)
Oh, It Is Love (Hellogoodbye)
Light a Roman Candle (Fun.)
Don't You (Darren Criss)
If It's the Beaches (The Avett Brothers)

Whoa, this post got really long all the sudden.

Two things I say way too much: "You win some, you lose some." and "No shame."

I love my friends, I love my family.

I really love my family.

Being an aunt was the most amazing thing to ever happen to me. I've got four nieces (Addi, Kollins, Mabel, and Avary) and one nephew (Aidan) and if I love them this much, I can't imagine how much I'll love my own children.

I'm so afraid that I'll never get married, slash that I'll never get a good job. Also that I won't be able to get pregnant. My mom told me it was silly to worry about getting married now, so let me clarify: I'm not looking to get married at this exact moment, but I am worried that there's a reason God made me love cats so much.

I love cats. Not in the trendy cat fad that's going on right now, I genuinely love cats. I got made fun of in elementary school for saying cats were cooler than dogs (lol) and I have a cat who is 17 years old. (Cats are supposed to die at 13) She's superwoman-cat-thing.

Canker sores are the most obnoxious things ever.

I love listening to people talk about themselves, just so I can learn about them. I love people watching.

I love driving and singing/screaming at the top of my lungs. And when I say I love driving, I actually mean I love being in the car. Driving itself gives me anxiety, which is why I still don't have a driver's license.

Alright, I'll be done now. Oh, one last thing. Thanks everyone for being so dang inspirational. Really, I mean it.

6 comments:

  1. THIS POST IS ME AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO REACT. First kisses, awkward, bare feet in summertime, I had the choice of taking a trip with my friends to somewhere or going to Harry Potter world and guess which one I chose (HARRY POTTER), music, weight, I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT HOW AMAZING AMERICAN PIE IS THIS AFTERNOON, and driving anxiety is the story of my life. Like, how do we not know each other?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally stalked you on Facebook, but I still don't recognize you at school. We need to like meet up somewhere to finally meet, haha. I feel like I shouldn't be making arrangements to meet up with someone I met over the internet, but I'm pretty sure you're not a pedophile, so...

      Delete
    2. I did the same thing. Lone Peak is too big. And I'm actually a 38-year-old man. I'm just really good at disguises. Shhh. Don't tell Nelson. I'll probably go to his room for the slam tomorrow, so if you go, I'll be the one with a beat up guitar case and my hair in a bun, being generally awkward. And I shaved my legs, do I think I'll wear a skirt tomorrow. So look for an awkward girl with a guitar she can only half play who doesn't care enough to do her hair and also has the legs of a dolphin, you know, if a dolphin had legs.

      Delete
  2. I know what I said on Twitter but I want to try this. I'm sick of thinking so hard about what I write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are a rad human. fav. line?

    "My mom told me it was silly to worry about getting married now, so let me clarify: I'm not looking to get married at this exact moment, but I am worried that there's a reason God made me love cats so much."

    i chuckled at that one. thnx 4 writing, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing. Your song by Elton John is my weakness. Also I say your same lines a lot and FREAK. You me and Erin (ALIS PRIDDY) need to hang out!!!

    ReplyDelete