Sunday, June 1, 2014

11:24

My heart has a hiccup, and I can't help thinking I don't belong.
My bones are hollow, and my mind is full, and I can't help thinking I don't belong.
I know the path of self-consciousness leads to a fork in the road, and I never know which way to take...
But I do know I don't belong
You ask me why I use loud words to fake my confidence and my answer is simple:
"Because in the back of the cafe, I can feel my own blood glaring at me."
Then I wonder if I was ever comfortable in the first place.
You smile and tell me "There's always a bright future to change,"
and I finally understand what regret means.

1 comment:

  1. "I finally understand what regret means."
    Damn that line hit me hard.

    PS I thought when you read "Disorder" at Speak for Yourself, it was really brave of you.

    ReplyDelete