Sunday, March 2, 2014

Break Me Harder

A broken nose is easier to fix than a broken heart.
So why didn't you just throw a brick at me?
Why did you feel the need to tear me down?
Why did you feel the need to be so foul,
and try to blame it on me?
Did you really think that you weren't in the wrong?
I'm disgusted.

I guess I'm sorry.
We were both wrong.
I have admitted it.
But honey, I gave you an inch,
and you took a mile.
I can't handle this anymore.

I wish you would have hit me.
I wish you would have broke my house down,
just to get one brick to throw at me.
I wish it would have crushed my nose,
and destroyed my face,
and that my blood would have drenched the ground,
as you drove away cooly.
But you didn't.
You left me here with everything intact,
except my heart...
and my mind...
and my soul...
but there's really no surgery to fix those.

Please, break my body in half,
an injury like that is so much easier to explain.

3 comments:

  1. ahh whoever inflicted you would be #RIP if they read this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "but there's really no surgery to fix those."
    sooo true.

    ps shoutout to you for graduating! lame sauce. i wanted to know who you were :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "other writers" column is actually just anyone. It's not necessarily people who've graduated.

      Also well done, you.

      Delete