Saturday, March 15, 2014

Throwin' It Back

It ain't Thursday, but here I am throwin' it back.

Remember when we all went to the tennis match and I drew on your neck? Just to get attention? And when you called her annoying, I just got defensive? Gracious, I just laugh.

This ain't poetry, it's just a teenage girl reliving the better life at 1:00 am. 
(What else would I be doing at 1?)

I remember living for the nights we'd sit in the car and talk.

Lol at sophomore year. Just in general.

I loved junior year.
What I wouldn't give to be back there.
Everything was so right...
but there has to be a reason for this year, I suppose.

Remember how I was PEE-ISSED off one day and you accidently called me Hailey, and I didn't hear you? But you thought I was mad because you called me by the wrong name...I just didn't like you. But I loved you. I just didn't like you. Only you and me can understand our relationship, I love everything about it.

My curly ginger, I miss you! Remember that one time we went exploring and everyone was worried because they thought we were making out? And then we were just like "lol no." because we were actually apologizing to each other for being rude? We got so close and it's crazy to think how much you're maturing without me.

Ha, you used to text me every day after school. EVERY DAY. every. freakin. day.
It was annoying, but I missed it when it stopped.

I will forever miss dirty dancing with you, because the new girls just give me weird looks now.
Also, your back handed compliments and apparent brattiness with good intentions can never be replaced.

One of the dearest moments of my life is driving with you and talking about the most cliche things...and having them mean the most. Funny how that works out.

I hope I never forget high school.

Don't get me wrong, I'm flipping excited to graduate.
I was ready to leave this hell hole the minute I stepped in.
High school has been some of the worst years of my life.
I have grown to hate most people.
Sorry, they say hate is a strong word,
but I'm a strong girl.
That being said...
those I've grown to love.
Those memories I could never give up.
Those laughs that seem endless.
Those hands that I held,
and the hearts that tore mine out....
I can simply never leave. I wish they never ended.

Please God,
this is a prayer.
Don't ever let me forget high school.
Don't ever let me forget happiness.
It's an amazing and rare emotion...
but it's priceless.
True happiness?
I know it happens.
Definitely not often.
But...it's there.
Sometimes you just have to remember it.

1 comment:

  1. "You just have to remember it."

    So true. I hope I never forget either.

    ReplyDelete