Sunday, March 9, 2014

I'm afraid

I'm afraid of everything, really. I'm afraid of the dark. I'm afraid isolation. I'm afraid of people not liking me, just tolerating me. Believe me, I don't care if you don't like me. But if you don't, say it to my face. Don't act like we're friends. I'm afraid of the things that happen most.

I'm afraid of the truth, even though it's the only thing I really know. But then think that my truth is really lies and I don't actually know the truth, which scares me more.

I'm afraid to take the Sorting Hat quiz again, because I'm afraid I'll get a different house. (It happened, actually. And it was scary.)

I'm afraid at will happen if I do get too close to any of you. I honestly know that there are 3 people who actually know me, and I'm okay with that. Truly. I got a text once, and the person said they'd like to know more about me. I was shocked. I was more than shocked. I have never let that go, because I'm afraid it's a lie.

I'm afraid of college. I know it's cliche, but I am. I'm so, so, so afraid.

I've used this prompt before, and I'm afraid you'll put it together.

I'm afraid of my world falling apart, and I'm afraid of it staying the same. I'm afraid I'll never see you again, and I'm afraid that you'll stay in my life forever. It pains me to call you and have you be so kind. It pains me to see you. I love you so much. I'm sorry, but no matter how many times I say I've gotten over you, it's a lie. But, I'm afraid of when it'll be the truth.

I'm afraid. So so so afraid.

I'm afraid of posting this, because I've never felt weaker in my life.

3 comments:

  1. "But then think that my truth is really lies and I don't actually know the truth, which scares me more." It is paralyzingly scary. You're really brave for posting this. "I'm so, so, so afraid" sums up so much fear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "because i've never felt weaker in my life." it's ok to be weak. once we recognize our weaknesses we can make them strong.

    ReplyDelete